Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tommy Jensen


I often tell myself that the art is irrational. Arts only exist in a culture which creates a surplus. That’s why the artist is privileged, he works at the expense of others, it puts the arts in a social perspective and I am indebted to my surroundings and they may require of me that I pay something back. What I can pay back for goodwill is very simple: experiences! We love the myth even though we know it is a lie.We love the romantic dream even though it can never be realized.That is how we often regard the artist as a lonesome rider. But the real story is that the artist is working in close contact with his surroundings. He is a subjective reflection of the time. It is the experiences, reflections and, at best, the visions that I can pay back.


www.tmj-arts.dk

No comments:

Post a Comment